As I prepare to take delivery of a cute little she-shed next week that will officially kick off this project, I decided to share my milestones for fundraising. It’s so much more fun to check steps off a project list than to just call it done when it’s over!
I’m also a very organized person and really love the idea of having my lil checklist. Anyone who knows me will testify that I have lists, and lists of my lists, and usually a master list of all of those lists too. (My daughter has, like, 5 planners and uses all of them, and she came by that 100% naturally!) So for those listy listertons like me, I hope you enjoy walking down the list with me this fall!
GRAND MASTER PLAN for the Perfect New Studio™
Locate and sign off on the Perfect New Studio™
- Accept delivery and site installation of Perfect New Studio™
- Move in and set up a temporary workspace – (I’m in a space crunch right now!)
Have 2 months of payments set aside **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE: $550 Buy several new-to-me windows for the southern exposed side (donations of windows gratefully appreciated!) **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $300
- Install windows (labor already donated, material I already have on hand)
- Buy drywall and insulation and have delivered (donations of materials greatly appreciated) **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $1000
- Install drywall and insulation and mud in (labor already donated), paint (materials on hand)
- Have 4 months of payments set aside **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE: $550
- Purchase Solar System: 2 panels, charge controller, inverter, battery. (Donations greatly appreciated.) **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $900
- Install Solar System
- Install lighting – LED and Full Spectrum Flourescents. (Donations greatly appreciated.)
- Have 6 months of payments set aside **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $550
- Buy Climate Control: air conditioning unit and a propane heater (Donations greatly appreciated.) **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $200
- Build Workbench down the southern side under the windows. (Labor already donated. Materials probably already on hand.)
- Have 8 months of payments set aside **FUNDRAISING MILESTONE $550
- Build/procure built in cabinets on the west wall. (Donations greatly appreciated)
- Build painting drying rack (probably a future project)
- Build Hanging System for the north wall, where the completed pieces will hang
- CELEBRATE! Grand Opening!